You can create a compact, functional kitchen in a space that has no kitchen facilities. A HOTLOGIC® packs small for travel and will cook your food. The other items you include depends on your situation.
What Do You Need in Your Compact Kitchen?
When planning your kitchen consider how you will get to where you want to set up a mini kitchen and what resources will be available there.
- Are you traveling by plane, train or automobile?
- Will there be a refrigerator and/or freezer available to use?
- Can you bring your own refrigerator and/or freezer with you?
- Do you need to bring shelf stable food or buy fresh food locally?
- How long will you be using this kitchen?
- What kinds of food do you want to be able to make?
- Will the amount of electricity or water be a concern?
For example, if you are driving in your car to a hotel for a week, you can bring an ice chest or portable, compressor refrigerator/freezer to keep your food fresh. If you are flying and then going to a hotel without a mini frig, then you can take some frozen food, but most of the food you bring should be shelf stable.
In another example, if you are living in a van or in a dorm room, you may want to make desserts which use additional appliances. If you are going to be in a hotel for a week, you would probably not plan on making desserts that require additional appliances to make.
Possible Items to Include
- hand mixer
- drink blender
- hot water kettle
- portable refrigerator/freezer or extra large cooler bag for 3-4 day trip
- aluminum foil
- parchment paper
- paper towel
- grilling mat
- 4 oz canning jar
- 1/2 pint canning jar
- 3-cup, heat safe dish
- collapsible, heat safe container
- 4-cup, heat safe dish
- 6-cup, heat safe dish
- travel mug
- french press travel mug
- pour over drip coffee maker & filters
- cold drink travel tumbler
- knife with cover
- cutting board or disposable cutting sheets
Of course, there are many more items that you may need to complete your compact kitchen. But this list should provide you with a starting point to determine what you want to include in your mini kitchen.
More suggestions of items to include can be found here.
- Low Watt Cooking
- Portable Refrigeration
- Food That Travels
- Portable Kitchen for Delicious Meals On-the-Go
Hot Logic Compact Kitchen