Bagel Chips made in a HOTLOGIC® are a delicious, crunchy and addictive snack. After successfully making crunchy dog treats in my HOTLOGIC®, I wanted to see if I could make a favorite snack of mine, bagel chips.
I found a recipe online and saw that it was possible. It took me a few tries to get the butter and spices just right. My No. 1 Taste Tester did not mind testing all the batches. Her face lights up with anticipation whenever I make a batch. She enjoys them just as much as I do. Because her family like hot and spicy food, I tried using the jalapeno cheese bagels our local store carries. They turned out delicious.
The recipe makes the best-looking chips by using uncut bagels. I found them by the bakery at my local grocery store. Also for looks, I include parsley in the butter mixture. I think the final product looks better with it.
The parmesan works well with the plain bagel. The shredded parmesan looks especially nice. You may wish to experiment topping the plain bagel with other hard cheeses. It isn’t needed for asiago cheese bagels or jalapeno cheese bagels.
Optional bakeware: grilling mat
- 1 ea bagel, uncut
- 2 T butter, unsalted, softened
- ½ t garlic powder
- ½ t onion powder
- ¼ t salt
- 1 t parsley, dried
- 1 T parmesan cheese, grated or shredded (optional)
- In small bowl mix softened butter, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, parsley and cheese. Set aside.
- Place bagel flat on cutting board. With a bread knife or serrated knife slice down to cut in half. like you are changing an "O" into parentheses "(" and ")".
- Perpendicular to your first cut, make slices ¼"-⅓" apart to make the chips. Repeat with the other half.
- Spread the butter mixture thinly on one side of the chip.
- In your HOTLOGIC® place a paper towel directly on top of the heating plate. This will soak up the melting butter. On top of the paper towel place a piece of parchment paper or a grilling mat.
- Lay the chips flat, butter-side up. After the bottom is full, lay the next layer on top, butter-side up.
- Plug in the HOTLOGIC® and zip it up.
- Leave overnight. If some chips aren't crisp in the morning, rotate them to the bottom layer and wait about an hour more.
Hot Logic Bagel Chips
Leave a Reply