You CAN bake delicious, crunchy, pumpkin & quinoa dog treats in your HOTLOGIC®. These treats have my dogs’ approval. I prepare them in the evening and bake them overnight. When I check them in the morning, they sometimes need another hour to finish.
I have used the silicon, mini bone molds, but the treats are very tiny. For me it was not worth the effort to fill the molds to get such tiny treats.
If you decide to use a silicon mold, it will bake well and dry some. After the bones are set, I like to dump them onto a grilling mat on the HOTLOGIC® plate to finish baking them to a crisp.
I find it much easier to use half the mixture to form a rectangular patty 1/3″ thick on a grilling mat. I use a butter knife to pat it into shape and then cut it into 12 or 16 squares before baking. The other half goes in the refrigerator in an airtight container to be baked later.
Optional bakeware: silicone dog bone mold
Want a crunchy treat for a human? Try the bagel chips. The success with the dog treats inspired me to see it I could make bagel chips. I am glad I did. They turned out to be quite delicious and addictive.
Pumpkin & Quinoa Dog Treats
- Silicon dog bone mold (Optional)
- 2 c quinoa, cooked, room temperature (1/2 c uncooked quinoa, 1c water, cooked 2 hours in HOTLOGIC®)
- 1 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 1/2 T chia seeds
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree (7.5 oz)
- In heat safe dish cook 1/2 c uncooked quinoa and 1c water for 2 hours in HOTLOGIC®. Makes 2 cups. Remove and cool to room temperature about an hour.
- Melt coconut oil in heat safe container in HOTLOGIC®.
- In medium size bowl combine oil, maple syrup, chia seed and cinnamon.
- Add quinoa and puree to mixture and mix well. Let set for 5 minutes for chia seeds to absorb moisture and form gel.
- Method I: On heat safe cooking surface such as aluminum, parchment paper or grill mat place mixture. Use a butter knife to smooth and form a rectangle that is 1/3" high and leaves a 1/2" around the edge of the cooking surface. Cut 12-16 squares into the mixture.
- Method 2: Pack mixture into silicon mold.
- For Method I place a paper towel down first on the HOTLOGIC® hot plate. Then place the prepared mixture on cooking surface. Plug in the HOTLOGIC® and zip shut.
- For Method II the mold can be place directly on the HOTLOGIC® hot plate. The silicon will heat up and distribute the heat. Plug in the HOTLOGIC® and zip shut.
- Place the remaining mixture in an airtight container and store in refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Bake for 9 hours if the mixture is 1/3" thick, 12 hours if 1/2" thick or until crunchy. The biscuits in the silicon mold may need to be dumped on a paper towel on the plate to finish crisping. The treats may crisp more after cooling.
Hot Logic Crunchy Pumpkin & Quinoa Dog Treats
Leave a Reply