When I was trying to think of desserts that can be made in a HOTLOGIC®, my No. 1 Taste Tester remembered making ROLO® Pretzel Delights. This was a treat her family regularly made at Christmas time. They turned out to be a super easy treat to make.
This got me thinking. HOTLOGIC® is a simple heating/cooking device. It seems to me that it would be easy to teach children how to safely use it to prepare food. Most of the dishes take hours to cook, but this one only takes 10 minutes of heat time. This would be a fun treat for kids to make and not test their patience.
Other kid-friendly recipes:
When melting the ROLOs®, you want the candy to be soft enough to press gentle with a pecan or pretzel and have it smoosh. But you don’t want the candy to be so warm that it starts melting and spreads by itself. If it is too melted, it won’t harden up again.
Optional bakeware: grilling mat
ROLO® Pretzel Delights
- 24 ea unwrapped ROLOs®
- 24 ea pretzels, classic twist
- 24 ea pecan halves
- Place parchment paper directly on HOTLOGIC® hot plate.
- Place pretzels on paper.
- Place ROLOs® on Pretzels.
- Plug in HOTLOGIC® and wait 10 minutes.
- Unplug HOTLOGIC®. Carefully remove parchment paper with pretzels and place on flat surface. Press pecan piece onto softened ROLO® to smoosh.
- Set in safe place to harden, about 4 hours.
Hot Logic ROLO® Pretzel Delights