A simple meal to make in a HOTLOGIC® is Cheesy Cauliflower & Ham. I use frozen cauliflower. Spiral ham is a good choice. It heats well in the HOTLOGIC® and doesn’t dry out.
For the sauce I searched the internet for a cheese sauce and found a simple, two-ingredient recipe. It uses sour cream and cheddar cheese. I prefer sharp cheddar cheese. When I experimented with shredded versus block cheese to see which melted better, I didn’t find much of a difference. Both melted and combined well with the sour cream. Neither of them came out smooth and creamy when I used a fork to stir to combine. But once the sauce was poured over and stirred on the cauliflower, it didn’t seem to matter.
A variation to this recipe would be to used broccoli in place of the cauliflower. I believe this recipe would also work well with reconstituted freeze-dried broccoli.
Need ideas of bakeware to use in your HOTLOGIC®? See Bakeware – HLCooking.
Cheesy Cauliflower with Ham Slices
- 2 slices ham, precooked
- 3 c frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- In 1-cup, heat-safe bowl, add sour cream and cheddar cheese. (I use a half pint, wide mouth canning jar.)
- In 4-cup, heat-safe dish place cauliflower and the ham.
- Place covered dishes in the HOTLOGIC®. Plug in the HOTLOGIC® and zip shut. Cook for 2 hours.
- Remove cheese mixture and stir to combine. Pour over cauliflower and stir to cover.
Hot Logic Cheesy Cauliflower & Ham